IT Project Portfolio Manager - infrastructure and future technology innovation
- Bedrijf: Royal BAM Group
- Standplaats: Bunnik
- Vakgebied: ICT / IM
- Opleidingsniveau: WO
Do you have a keen interest in future technologies, can you translate this to business value? Are you technically minded in knowledge and experience? Do you manage portfolios and key stakeholders expectations, please read through!
Wat ga je doen?
- Initiate, execute, support, advocate and influence the One BAM IT transformation.
- Providing leadership to teams in support of the respective Global Directors, being a reliable and central point of contact and an escalation route for key senior stakeholders.
- Manage and Implement the global project and programme management approach, standards, processes and procedures, ensure compliance.
- Business Case driven execution of projects and programmes.
- Manage multiple projects and programmes in a complex environment to ensure goals are met regarding budget, scope and timelines and risks and issues are proactively managed.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to Project / Programme Managers and delivery teams.
- Manage, train, coach and develop Project / Programme Managers and delivery teams.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders within IT and in the business and manage engagement and communications.
- Assign projects / programmes to available and suitable Project / Programme Managers and actively execute projects / programmes / workstreams within the portfolio
- Recruitment and selection of project resources – both permanent and contract - as business requirements and funding dictate
- Clarify project / programme objectives, requirements and benefits to ensure these are realised during the project lifecycle
- Track overall planning, scope, quality, schedules, dependencies and budget for the IT portfolio ensuring positive portfolio health
- Monitor and proactively address risks and issues, document lessons learned and continuously feedback into the execution process, balancing portfolio risk and reward
- Analyse, balance and optimise the portfolio and make recommendations in terms of strategic goals attainment vs. delivery capacity vs. business-as-usual priorities to the decision makers and work closely with the IT Business Partner(s) deliver strategic digital IT roadmaps
- Facilitate frequent inter-portfolio meetings and attend IT Management Team Meetings in representation of the portfolio status and financials
- Initiate and influence the development and management of uniform global end-to-end processes. As transformation agent responsible for ensuring the continued improvement of Strategic IT Delivery; direct change management initiatives by developing awareness, understanding, ownership, and accountability for change
- Support the governance structure to execute projects and programmes in an efficient and effective way
- Collaborate and communicate with peer roles to create holistic view of IT projects and programmes
- Effective supplier relationship management and partnership working where projects are delivered jointly or project delivery is outsourced
- Scout industry and technology trends, identifying where in the BAM business these may be of value, align to the corporate and IT strategy make recommendation for POCs to reach early and streamlined MVPs
- Coordinate the running and successful completion of POCs, creating an overall business case and high-level plan
- Align and coordinate all innovation initiatives via the Business Innovation governance board to track, control and report on POCs, project and programmes aligned to the Innovation 8 Quarter roadmap
Wie zoeken wij?
- Minimum Bachelor degree, (Masters advantageous) and/or can demonstrate relevant years’ work experience. Degree must be in Business Administration or Computer Science
- 9+ years in delivering IT Projects / 5+ years delivering IT Programmes / 3+ years’ experience in managing IT Portfolios (or very large IT Programmes)
- Prince2 (practitioner) / PMP / IPMA-D or other relevant Project Management Certification
- MSP / PgMP or other relevant Programme Management Certification
- CSM Scrum Master / PMI-ACP / SAFe Practitoner or relevant Agile Certification. CSC Scrum Coach / CSP / SAFe trainer advantageous
- Experience in delivering infrastructure and technology projects and POCs
- Management/Leadership Course Participation and/or Certifications
- Business fluency in English is essential (written and verbal)
- Experience in assisting and contributing departmental budgets
- Tolerant towards job-related travelling within Europe
Profile Mindset & Culture
- Inspire staff by creating a culture and environment where teams are motivated to deliver
- Increase and develop talent and improve performance to allow staff to excel
- Role models the BAM values and behaviours
- Creates a culture of continuous improvement and delivery
- Identifies and grows best practices and strengthens system and process controls to increase project repeatability
- Fosters a culture and mindset of budget and cost awareness and continuous financial improvement and increased predictability
- Help BAM in maintaining and enhancing its position as leader in digital construction
Wat bieden wij?
We offer you an environment with colleagues that are experts in their profession, have a drive to work against the highest professional standards and are highly motivated to work for BAM. We offer an international environment with many opportunities for personal development and excellent career perspective. We offer the flexibility to work remotely and measure performance on delivery. Overall we offer an attractive and great place to work. BAM offers its employees employment conditions in line with market conditions.
Wie zijn wij?
It is BAM’s mission to build sustainable environments that enhance people’s lives by enabling the right people to capitalise on state-of-the-art knowledge, resources and digital technologies, providing solutions across the total construction life cycle for the Group’s clients and generating maximum value for its stakeholders.
BAM is on a journey to further improve, harmonize and strengthen its support functions across the Group, moving towards One BAM. In order to accelerate the One BAM strategy, a new management structure is being implemented and this means transitioning from a decentralized model to a global structure. In this respect the Talent Acquisition organization will also be further optimized
We are on a drive to standardize IT infrastructure, applications, security, and service delivery across all OpCos, providing a single way of working across the company under our One BAM IT programme. A key factor for success will be the implementation and continuous improvement of a standardized, sustainable and future proof on-premise and cloud infrastructure fit for the purpose of realising BAMs Digital Construction aspirations.
The IT Project Portfolio Manager plays a key role in the management and execution of the global projects and programmes. This is a temporary combined role managing two portfolios; IT Infrastructure and IT Future Technology & Innovation. The portfolio in the Infrastructure domain is about overseeing the planning, development, and implementation of project / programmes efforts that utilize information technology solutions, principles, standards, and best practices. The Innovation domain You will have a keen interest in future technologies, technology research and scouting, be technically minded in knowledge and experience and align with other technology and innovation groups within BAM. You will lead the Business Innovation governance board aligned to all innovation areas within BAM. You will report on portfolio health for both the Innovation and IT infrastructure projects and programmes. You will also play a key role in initiating and tracking technology POCs for IT.