Technical Application Consultant
- Company: Koninklijke BAM Groep
- Location: Bunnik
- Field of experience: IT & Information Management
- Education level: Professional degree
Do you enjoy working in a continuously changing organization that is going through a digital transformation? Then we advise you to read through!
About the challenge
The entire BAM organization is in a state of flux. With its OneBam strategic objective, BAM Group is realizing broad and international ICT solutions and functionalities from within the ICT organization. Technology is rapidly taking over the world from us. BAM wants to set the tone in this digital transition; 'Doing new things' is one of the slogans on our strategic agenda. A professional ICT organization is crucial to achieving this goal. Corporate ICT plays a key role in this and is therefore rapidly developing and professionalizing.
BAM_ICT provides the entire BAM organization with ICT services from a continuously expanding perspective. More and more new services are being added to the portfolio. This expansion of the portfolio, in which various international programs and projects (digital transition) were started, gave rise to the wish to expand our team with a Technical Application Consultant. You will join the new to set up Digital Construction Workspace Competence Center. As this is a new team you have the possibilities to form and shape this team.
By having a direct relationship with the key users, you are aware of their needs and the challenges they face. You introduce improvements and solve issues. This can either be on the DCW platform or questions that arise from the use of the applications. As an application consultant you furthermore fulfill an advisory role to the business. In order to realize this you keep in touch with various suppliers and other competence centers within BAM. The combination of these brings the business a step ahead of the competition which gives you the satisfaction you need. As BAM is constantly improving, your knowledge and experience are key to the success of the various projects at hand. You advice these projects or are actively involved as a team member.
What will be your most important result areas;
- Translating and recording functional specifications and design specifications for the BIM applications, providing end-user support and solving functional problems and issues for the applications and the BIM environment;
- Compiling releases for software changes, functional testing of new application versions and informing / training users about the new possibilities;
- Creating and maintaining information and instruction documentation and user manuals. You are strongly focused on knowledge transfer;
- Maintaining contacts with the supplier(s) of the relevant applications and BIM environment in order to get and keep them involved in application management related activities;
- Providing evaluations of the use of the application environment with key users and/or end users with the aim of gaining insight into improvement areas and functional requirements of the user organization;
- Play an advisory role to the business with respect to new developments;
- Participate in various project teams;
- As a team member of the new Competence Center Digital Construction Workspace contribute to the further development and professionalization of the team, the processes and the way of working with the aim of bringing the Competence Center best in class.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal candidate has a Bachelor (HBO) background in IT and 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position. You thereby have experience with one or more of the following (or similar) technologies: BIM, VMWare, Citrix, Web Application Development (Java based), Windows, Linux, Oracle, Biztalk and/or Business Objects. Above all, you are eager to learn and have the ambition to continue to develop contextually and across the scope of these technologies. You have strong analytical skills and are fluent in English and preferably Dutch. Finally, you have knowledge of or experience with ITIL.
What do we offer?
A challenging and continuously changing environment in an organization where IT is an essential part of the realization of the new business strategy 'Building the present, creating the future. In addition, we offer excellent employment conditions and plenty of room for further personal growth and development, both within BAM_ICT and within Royal BAM Group.
Professional and motivated employees are the pillars for realizing our strategic objectives. To help employees develop and become proficient in the right direction, BAM Business School is the center for knowledge transfer, knowledge exchange and knowledge creation.
Royal BAM Group nv is a construction company with ten operating companies, active in Construction and Property, Civil engineering, as well as in Public-private partnerships.
BAM has leading positions in five European home markets: the Netherlands, Belgium, the United Kingdom, Ireland and Germany. Furthermore, the Group delivers projects in Denmark, Luxembourg and Switzerland, while BAM International operates in niche markets worldwide.
Sustainability and innovation are major drivers of BAM’s design, construction and facility management solutions. The Group has an aspiration to become the market leader in the use of digital technology to ensure that clients receive the highest possible standards of quality.
BAM has annual revenues of more than €6.5 billion, employs approximately 20,000 people and is listed on Euronext Amsterdam.
Building the present, creating the future. www.bam.com